Re: Board damaged!

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed May 21 1997 - 01:54:47 PDT

Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 01:54:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Board damaged!

After taking off the nose of my ASD Course Slalom a couple of times, I
got a Deviator. It's not impossible for the boom to hit the tip of the
board, but I have not had any damage since.

The Deviator stresses your universal a lot, but I have found that it
works fine with the soft rubber hourglass universals. I would not
use this with a tendon or a mechanical universal because they don't have
the stretch to absorb the shock when your mast hits the Deviator.

"Your argument is brilliant, for very small values of brilliant."
                                        -- banta@abingdon.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis