(Fwd) Re: Beginner sites in delta

From: Leo J. Bragagnolo (ljb@eqe.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu May 15 1997 - 08:43:26 PDT

From: "Leo J. Bragagnolo" <ljb@eqe.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 07:43:26 PST
Subject: (Fwd) Re: Beginner sites in delta

Sailing the Delta in the summer in a 3/2 with short sleeves
won't be a problem. The water is cool, but the air temp is pretty
warm. However, it can be hard to sail Rio as a beginner when the
wind kicks up. Candlestick is much easier because of the relatively
flat water. Also, the water temp at Candlestick is pretty warm in
the summer. Keep in mind that the wind is offshore there, so if you
can't waterstart or break down you may be in for a very long swim.
One more suggestion - get a pair of sleeves to go with your wetsuit.
You may be able to order them from O'Neil. I used a 3/2 O'Neil
convertible for years at Crissy until I finally bought a warmer suit.