Re: re Custom Wetsuits/Board Theft

From: JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM (JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue May 06 1997 - 10:55:25 PDT

Date: 06 May 97 10:55:25 -0700
From: "JMILUM.US.ORACLE.COM" <JMILUM@us.oracle.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: re Custom Wetsuits/Board Theft

Content-Transfer-Encoding:7bit Content-Type:text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

I think that any kind of lock would discourage 95% of all theft. Boards must
be awfully hard to fence, store, and even steal so I think that if you
discourage the causual theft you won't have any kind of problem.

I know people in the city who always leave there boards on their car, locked,
and no one has ever had a problem. In fact, I haven't heard of anyone ever
having their locks cut or sawed and their boards stolen. Has anyone else?

Thanks.

Jeff Milum
Regional Manager DMD New England
415-506-0575