SBSA Coliform Study update through 4/17/97

From: Duane Sandul (sandul@stat.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 30 1997 - 08:28:57 PDT

Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:28:57 -0700
To: schuh@apm-irisl.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis
From: Duane Sandul <sandul@stat.net-DeleteThis>
Subject: SBSA Coliform Study update through 4/17/97
Cc: poulton@hplms26.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, jackg@crc.richo.com-DeleteThis, bobc@funfix.com-DeleteThis, kjw@merkle.baaqmd.gov-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

To: Windsurfers/Interested parties
Fm: Duane Sandul (415) 595-0450 and Ken Kaufman

Summary & Interpretation
During the past several weeks SBSA has maintained the treatment plant's
discharge of fecal coliform bacteria in the 2-4 range. The bacterial levels
on the Bay have remained in the 2-3 range throughout April (2 is the
detection limit of our test procedure). The results from the Bay remain way
below the water quality objectives and are close to the values we saw in late
summer 1996.

Details
All units are MPN/100mL (ie. most probable number of fecal coliform bacteria
per 100 milliliters of sample) expressed as a 5-day log mean. The water
quality objective is 200 MPN/100 mL (5-day log mean) for water contact
activities and 500 MPN/100mL (5-day log mean) for non-water contact
activities.

update for samples collected through: 4/8/97
>> 4 MPN in SBSA effluent
>> 2 MPN above SBSA outfall
>> 3 MPN at 500 yards southeast of outfall
>> 3 MPN at 500 yards northwest of outfall
>> 2 MPN at 1000 yards northeast of outfall

update for samples collected through: 4/10/97
>> 4 MPN in SBSA effluent
>> 3 MPN above SBSA outfall
>> 3 MPN at 500 yards southeast of outfall
>> 3 MPN at 500 yards northwest of outfall
>> 3 MPN at 1000 yards northeast of outfall

update for samples collected through: 4/15/97
>> 2 MPN in SBSA effluent
>> 3 MPN above SBSA outfall
>> 3 MPN at 500 yards southeast of outfall
>> 3 MPN at 500 yards northwest of outfall
>> 3 MPN at 1000 yards northeast of outfall

update for samples collected through: 4/17/97