Thursday Waddel report

From: Zeev Gur (Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Apr 25 1997 - 09:09:48 PDT

From: "Zeev Gur"<Zeev_Gur@peoplesoft.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@jr.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 09:09:48 -0700
Subject: Thursday Waddel report

Hit the water at 12:15 with 5.2/8'8"(207#). Nicely powered
on shoulder high waves. The wave size was a bit more then
I can handle with style at this point and time. I learned a lot
about not falling down in the impact zone. (seems real
obvious, but is hard to do when you are going out....)
This was a good day for learning as there were never more then
6 people out on the water.

By about 3pm the wind started to back off and getting out
was tough - at least for heavy dudes like me. When you
were able to get out, the ride back in was sweet on smooth
faces with no one else around.

Judging by the equipment carnage, I was not the only one
who was having a tough time getting out. The total for the day
:a broken mast, 3 shredded sails and one busted board.
Oh yeah, I hugged my fin and put a nice vent in my new wetsuit.
My sail felt that it was not fair to miss out on the action, and also
decided to decrease it's original size. The good thing is that the
 tear is small and not in a critical area. Looks like I will be shopping
for a new quiver real soon.

"Wouldn't you try just a little bit harder,
Wouldn't you try just a little bit more...."