4/9/97 Tuba report

From: mcneil (windsurf@metro.net-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 10 1997 - 09:59:24 PDT

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: mcneil <windsurf@metro.net-DeleteThis>
Subject: 4/9/97 Tuba report
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 09:59:24 -0700

Bob Galvan was kind enough to escort me safely to the wave zone for my first
north coast wave sailing experience. Bob rigged a 4.2Nalu, 8'2" board and I
(115lbs.) a 3.5, 7'10"clam sandwich. We sailed off the beach at Limantour
finding that the wind had increased anywhere from ave.25 to 28mph.
Overpowered, Bob rigged a 3.7Nalu and I feeling like I was possibly over my
head, and never having seen it, opted to jog up to Tuba and see what the
wave zone was all about. Bob was well powered, slashing the knee-waist high
surf making it look like it was head high! The carves produced huge spray,
making rainbows in the sky. Starboard air was plentiful, every journey out.
I took many photos of him with 6-8ft of air between the end of his board and
the h2o!! Exciting, motivating and inspiring. I regretted not rigging my
2.8, 7'8" gorge hitech glass and joining him in the fun, but then I would've
missed watching all the action. I can't wait to return and next time I'll be
sailing in the waves instead of jogging to them. THANKS FOR AN INCREDIBLE
DAY BOB!!Annie