Re: be safe

From: John V. Morris (jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 09 1997 - 13:32:01 PDT

From: "John V. Morris" <jmorris@cup.hp.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: be safe
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 1997 13:32:01 PDT

> By the way, anyone know a good place to buy a strobe and a radio?

Besides West Marine, you might check out the strobe at the surplus store
on El Camino in Mountain View. This strobe is a militarized version
of the Firefly II. It is the same size and intensity, but more rugged
and slightly less expensive. The only disadvantage is it takes a special
battery instead of the 2 AA batteries used by the Firefly II. (Replacement
batteries are available.) I'm not sure about battery life, but I suspect
the special batteries last longer as well.

John Morris