Re: Finger Tips

From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sat Mar 29 1997 - 08:25:20 PST

Date: Sat, 29 Mar 1997 11:25:20 -0500 (EST)
From: TWavo@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Finger Tips

<<Anyone out there have the same ailment and/or know what to do
about it?>>

Craig,

I get this condition also and have been trying to keep it in control. After
12 years of sailing 75+ / year I got all kinds of ailments.

The problem is all of a sudden sailing in an intense area for long sessions
shocks the body when its not quite prepared for it.

The sheathes around the nerves or the tendons themselves are getting
aggravated and swollen. This cuts off blood circulation. It could be truly
carpul tunnel or just inflamation. Stop the agravation of it for a while,
stretch you hand backwards and try a good acupuncturist.

All of the things the other folks are saying I also condone.
Good Luck. You'll get a handle on it. Easy does it.

TD