3rd Avenue Golf Ball Collection

From: RRUBIANO@raychem.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sun Jan 19 1997 - 14:08:46 PST

From: RRUBIANO@raychem.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 14:08:46 -0800
Subject: 3rd Avenue Golf Ball Collection
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

After a recent posting on the improvements of the 3rd Ave. parking lot, I
decided to check it out myself. The lot looks great. Parking spots are marked
and the equipment drop-off zone nearest the launch ramp (that is what I imagine
they meant when they painted the circle there) should come in handy if we
respect it. However, they removed the opening in the chain-link fence that was
close to the entrance (useful to those launching from the beach and rigging near
the fence). A second opening now is located half-way down the parking lot.

The new addition stretching along the side of the driving range does not appear
to be a parking area. It seems to me to be a driveway for golfers to reach the
driving range. Does anyone know if this piece of pavement is meant to increase
parking capacity for bay access or does it belong to the driving range?

Although it will be tempting to park there, I would not reccomend it on account
of the numerous golf balls sitting on the new pavement and on the other side of
the fence (toward 3rd Ave.). It appears that there are many more "slicers" than
long ball hitters in the golfing population. I counted 27 new balls on the
ground, with three balls reaching the parking area we are accustomed to using.
Keep that in mind when the crowds come back to 3rd.

-Rodrigo Rubiano