Re: Re: Sea Lions at Crissy

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue May 07 1996 - 13:19:22 PDT

Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 13:19:22 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: sdubois@Advent.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Re: Sea Lions at Crissy

> last thursday I saw one in the channel at 3rd. It was premiere for me
> there... It was a california seal, not a sea lion... i was surprised
> to see one that far down the bay... it speaks for the quality of the
> water in the bay...

There is a preserve for the "Calif Harbor Seal" just south of the Dumbarton
Bridge that I've WS'd up to from Palo Alto. I saw one swimming in the
inlet at Palo Alto Sunday....

> now i guess it would be possible to find a great white down there too.
> -stephane

I think I hit one (a shark) last yr....broke a bolt on my Tuttle fin,
cracked the box, etc....I was comming back downwind from the Preserve so
getting back with the fin "modification" was pretty easy....17" Blade
bent back to maybe a 6" depth....

Personal home email address: kirk_69@ix.netcom.com-DeleteThis
Hewlett Packard email address: kirk_lindstrom@sj.hp.com-DeleteThis
Personal Website:
http://www.lookup.com/Homepages/90179/home.html
"Giving money and power to the government is like giving
whiskey and car keys to teenage boys." -P.J. O'Rourke