Re: Tuesday Afternoon

From: Bob Galvan (kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Mar 21 1996 - 21:31:05 PST

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 21:31:05 -0800 (PST)
From: Bob Galvan <kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Tuesday Afternoon

Ed the Shred sed:

> > Anyone have suggestions on what fin to use with that board? I'm currently
> > using a 10.5" HotDog on loan from ASD, but it seems a little on the small

I've had my 8'8" Enduro for a solid year now, and i'm about the same size
as you, 140lbs. I use a True Ames Race Foil 11", probably ground down
1/2" by now, as my "standard" fin. It goes with 4.7-5.3. When I rig the
5.9, I put a Rainbow 14" blade on, also a bit shorter than new. Last
summer I got an 11" Weed Race from the Gorge fin Connection, and even
though everyone gives it funny looks, I really like it. It looks like
a blade raked at 45degrees, and feels like the tail on a kite - it is
very stabilizing. It just will not spin out (the 14" blade is very
sensitive to spinout) even when jibing fast in rough water.

        and the crissy report:

monday was good, I was on a 5.3 till sunset

tuesday looked good, and it was, for a half hour. suddenly everyone was
standing around out there, except those windwing dudes with the big race
sails on 9'6 mike slabs, they just stayed out.

wednesday I bumped up to the 5.9. it was great in the middle, light
around the edges. I had to swim in the last 50 yards.

thursday was great! I rigged the 4.7 and went out to the Great Boil
to hit big air on the 4' swells and surf them too. Wind kept picking up,
I coulda been on the 4.2. Dinged my nose again - time to buy a bra...
and get the 8'2 back from those slackers at ASD. 8^)

kasplash@crl.com-DeleteThis