Re: Tuesday Afternoon

From: Jim Paugh (jpaugh@caribe-85.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Mar 21 1996 - 10:13:15 PST

Date: Thu, 21 Mar 1996 10:13:15 -0800
From: jpaugh@caribe-85.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Tuesday Afternoon

> Anyone have suggestions on what fin to use with that board? I'm currently
> using a 10.5" HotDog on loan from ASD, but it seems a little on the small
> side and doesn't point too well, especially when I drop off a plane. A
> 10.5" Rhino? Go up in size a notch? Use a pointer on low/flukey wind
> days? Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would put a classic swept wave fin, like the Rainbow wave, which I
think is the same as the Naish Slash & Bash. You can take it up wind
when you need to, and it will be a good match for the Enduro.

> Fog on the hills, hot in the inland valley, and baseball (almost) on the
> radio. The season is here! Now if Third would only click. My new board
> is hungering for some chop. Anyone sail points south yesterday?

I sailed 3rd Tues and Weds. 5.8/8'10" on Tues, should've been on the
same yesterday (looked light, rigged my slalom stuff). Nice ramps in
the channel both days. Blew 'til dark.

~Jim