Pillar Pt. Report / STOLEN BOARD

From: Alan Segervall (alans@lan.nsc.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Dec 13 1995 - 08:30:42 PST

Date: Wed, 13 Dec 95 08:30:42 PST
From: alans@lan.nsc.com-DeleteThis (Alan Segervall)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Pillar Pt. Report / STOLEN BOARD

I added a some more detail to the board description...

Hopefully,

Alan
----- Begin Included Message -----

>From alans Wed Dec 13 07:21:07 1995
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, acorlett@aol.com-DeleteThis, ajchilton@aol.com-DeleteThis,
        lafingguy@aol.com-DeleteThis, simc@eorm.com-DeleteThis, owain@geis.geis.com-DeleteThis, dcons@madge.com-DeleteThis,
        e_storne@kla.com-DeleteThis, GregBriggs@aol.com-DeleteThis, ilui@s3.com-DeleteThis,
        ldelfosse@pa.hodes.com-DeleteThis, lisa_orsini@qm.macuser.ziff.com-DeleteThis,
        mikel@hpcmsx02.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis, fullsail7@aol.com-DeleteThis,
        snyders@halsp.hitachi.com-DeleteThis
Cc: alans, lsegervall@idcresearch.com-DeleteThis

Sailed Pillar Pt. Harbor Tues 8:00AM - 11AM well powered on a 3.7 (180lbs).
Typical storm with a few lulls (short) between the squalls. When
it was really turned on my guess is was 40knots +. No readings from the
Harbor Master since the power was out. Great time!, and then...

After sailing on my wifes 8.4 Dill for a while I switched up to
my 8.8 Forsyth, leaving the Dill behind a sand burm near the NW
corner of the harbor. Returned around 11AM to find it GONE. At
first I thought a huge wind gust may have blown it into the salt
marsh, of which Greg and I searched extensively. I later talked
to another sailor and he said he observed 4 kids pick it up, and
then set it down and continue on their walk out to the point (I
saw the same 4 walking towards the point). The bastards probably
bagged the board on the way back when we were reaching further
down the harbor.

Here's a description of the board in case they try to hawk it!

> 8.4 Dill Classic (pintail)
> Orange deck / seafoam green bottom
> 8" wide multi color brush strokes on the bottom, and Dill Piranha's
> Jagged black boardered jagged pattern running diagonally across the mast
    track area.
> Black Straps, Black Gorge Jump Padz.
> Pink Dill thickfoil fin (at that time)

This is a really unique custom board, have not seen one like it
anywhere.

So if anyone see's it please call Alan & Laura at (415) 726-1954
or email me at alans@lan.nsc.com-DeleteThis

Thanks!

Alan Segervall

----- End Included Message -----