Re: recommendations for light wind board

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Oct 27 1995 - 14:12:20 PDT

Subject: Re: recommendations for light wind board
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 95 14:12:20 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

this question makes me curious about something...

should the volume be a direct linear relationship to rider weight (in general)?

my "light wind" board seems just about right for me volume-wise. I'm 150# and
it is 114L. I can comfortably (for a 9' short board ;) uphaul it even w/a 6.8,
tho its volume isn't so great that it feels like a total pig to sail (it's a 94
epoxy Delta Speed). Of course, shape (ie. distribution of volume), is going to
make a diff in terms of uphauling stability, sailing & planing & turning
characteristics too. Hence my question. If it is linear, then jim would be
looking at (150->240# is 60% increase) 60% incr of 114L ~= 180L board, but that
sounds pretty huge.

so whatdyaother sailinggeekingunears think?

Jeff