Re: Baby Wetsuit

From: Luigi Semenzato (luigi@fiat.its.berkeley.edu-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Oct 23 1995 - 11:52:20 PDT

From: Luigi Semenzato <luigi@fiat.its.berkeley.edu-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Baby Wetsuit
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 11:52:20 -0700

> I'm looking for a good wetsuit for a 13 month old girl. Also I'm seeking
> advice about sharing your windsurfing and board surfing experience with your
> little one.
> Has anyone taken your kid out on the water? What is a good age to start?
> What about wetsuits - is there a good source - making your own perhaps?

My friend Klaus bought shortie wetsuits for his kids at waterskiing
stores. They don't cost too much.

My friend Diane got a kayak with a child seat. She is a windsurfer
too, but she thinks the kayak is the best way of getting her kid used
to a water environment.

13 months seems a little early though. I would just take her to the
pool and beaches, and play with some inflatable boat.