RE: AWIA show

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Oct 16 1995 - 11:14:53 PDT

Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 11:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: AWIA show
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Sailed Oyster/Tigers before the show. Way op'd on a 5.5, coulda been on a
5.0. Nice suprise. Only 4 other sailors out. Didn't make it Sun. to
Sherman cause the wife got sick and the goodwill account is in the red,
but my friend Robyn started on a 4.2, and went down to a 3.6 on her
Chop-Hopper.

I've wondered if the tubes on the Dynafibers will get stuck at a place like
Sherman or Waddell? The rep said that the gaps between the tubes were
too small, and the absence of push pins means one less place for sand to
intrude. I'm not sure I'm sold, yet, but they do look like nice booms.
The same braided construction is used on them as on the masts. The crank
on the back end looks convenient.

Yeah, the beer running out was a drag. Did manage to pound three of 'em,
though. Went to the Powerex booth (hey, I've got a 460SL), for a refill
from their keg, and then switched to Neil Pryde for a round of
margaritas.

     Ed Scott ShrEdding SF Bay
     shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis ..Windwing/ASD..