more BIC problems

From: Greg Payne (greg@jibe.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Sep 15 1995 - 08:47:17 PDT

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 08:47:17 -0700
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
From: Greg Payne <greg@jibe.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: more BIC problems

I love my BIC Vivace and Saxo but I am getting really frustrated with all the
problems, especially with the Saxo which I bought only 1 month ago. After
dealing with the pads coming unglued and the twinser plugs falling out, here
is the latest and the worst: The footstrap bolts/nuts have become stuck. When
I try to loosen them, the nut just rotates 360 degrees in the track. The
design of the nut in the sliding track seems a bit questionable to me since
the track is really a lot wider than the nut and does not put up much
resistance to keep the nut from spinning. I believe the sticking is due to a
combination of corosion and pressure on the threads. I don't know what to do
about this since I can't get a wrench down to the nut.

Anybody else experienced this problem? Does anybody have an email address or
URL for BIC? I really like BIC's shapes and durability but I am thinking of
switching to ASD.