Re: Question On Pt Reyes/Limantour

From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue Aug 29 1995 - 17:16:08 PDT

Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 20:16:08 -0400
From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Question On Pt Reyes/Limantour

Hi Will

Yea, I have had the same idea of using a bike and trailer. Even spent some
CAD time designing it. However I ran the idea by a ranger acquaintance and he
said the position of the Park Service is that the area is a Wildnerness Area
and no mechanical devices are allowed beyond the bike rack in Bear Valley. He
also suggested that we tread lightly and keep a low profile at Tuba since
windsufe gear is a bit "mechanical". Some people have suggested camping out
illegally at Tuba to save the long drive. Probably not a good idea. There is
another "secret" site north of Bolinas which is worth of exploring. It blows
in the conditions we have had recently.

Mike Godey