Re: Anyone Know Jennifer at Crissy Field

From: Luigi Semenzato (luigi@CS.Berkeley.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 29 1995 - 12:38:37 PDT

From: Luigi Semenzato <luigi@CS.Berkeley.EDU-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Anyone Know Jennifer at Crissy Field
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 12:38:37 -0700

> Geez luiz, folks. Does anyone else think that we should do a little
> pro-bono work here and get the Coast Guard on-line? I mean, what does
> it take to get them a cheap PC with a modem and account on AOL or
> Netcom with Netcruiser? I can't believe that they don't have direct
> access to these resources.

I am not sure they have a use for it. In this case they were trying
to find out if Jennifer had made it to shore so that they could stop
the search. I suspect that the percentage of local windsurfers on
this list is still fairly small. The list of SFBA members is a lot
more useful. Can anybody comment on the number of SFBA members
vs. wind-talk subscribers? ---L