Re: fake news and the SFBA newsletter

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Aug 23 1995 - 16:37:30 PDT

Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 16:37:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: fake news and the SFBA newsletter
To: kjw@merkle.baaqmd.gov-DeleteThis
Cc: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

Us uninvolved SFBA members in net.land really appeciate your
contributions to the organization. I think Luigi's original message
about copyright and all that was also intended (as was the doofus part)
to be humorous. Jay's attitude that the joke was perpetuated in the SFBA
newsletter is the best one. My posts were merely in response to those
criticizing Luigi for perpetrating the hoax in the first place, and if
those people are really pissed off, they should blame those who don't
check their sources and publish something as if true. However, I don't
think anyone should be mad in the first place.

Thanks again for the hard work, but my posts were merely defending Luigi,
and not intended as any criticism of SFBA.

Sorry about the Gorge. My last visit yielded a 4.0/4.5 day and a 3.5/4.0
day. Good luck next time.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis