Wanted / for sale / advice

From: Andrew Davidson (andy@petunia.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Aug 02 1995 - 02:19:00 PDT

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 1995 02:19:00 -0700
From: andy@petunia.Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Andrew Davidson)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Wanted / for sale / advice

I wonder the problem is in the place ment of your harness lines. when
on land, rig your sail, and raise to a sailing stance. Does the sail
feel balanced? (normal sailing position for legs, and body) move your
hands up and down the boom. does it still feel balanced? On a light
air day, trying hooking in, while still on land. Does the rig feel
balanced? If the harness lines are in the correct location, you should
not have to have your hands on the boom. try moving the lines on the
boom till you find the balance point. In general, I find I have my
lines set so that the distance between the two is about shoulder
width. I can not rember how far from the mast.

Andy