Chasing the Wind

From: Gregg Holtmeier (Gregg.Holtmeier@quickmail.llnl.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Jul 12 1995 - 10:58:14 PDT

Date: 12 Jul 1995 09:58:14 -0800
From: "Gregg Holtmeier" <Gregg.Holtmeier@quickmail.llnl.gov-DeleteThis>
Subject: Chasing the Wind
To: "win_talk" <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>

With all this talk about great sailing, I thought I would add this story from
the other perspective.

A friend of mine drove down to 3rd late yesterday afternoon. Rigged up a 4.5,
got on his wetsuit, was all ready to go when everyone started to come in
because the wind died. So, he loaded up and headed to Bethany Res. since he
lives near there. He saw several of us on 3.5's and 4.0's, rigged his 4.0, got
on his wetsuit, was all ready to go when everyone came in because the wind
dropped.

He did a tour of the bay, rigged twice, donned his wetsuit twice and never got
wet. He was chasing the wind only to be behind it. It gave us something to
laugh about. Gregg Holtmeier.