Re: windsight cards

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Jun 17 1995 - 01:28:35 PDT

Date: Sat, 17 Jun 1995 01:28:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: windsight cards
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

I have the Windsight computer program. I love the Windgraph program
(wind histories), the windsight program itself, especially the pressure
gradient information, and the graphical display. Unfortunately for me,
they currently support no Peninsula sites on the Windgraph, and the
Crissy Windgraph has not worked for some time. Bottom line is, I was
spending as much on the dial-up charges for the Windsight as I do on the
monthly on my pager. Also, the Windsight information is not passive (I
have to dial-in), and the pager info. is available in my car on the way
to the sites, so I can make snap judgments where to sail on my way
there. Usually, I use the Windsight once a day to help me predict, and I
use my pager on the way.

To the extent I've used the Windsight phone service (primarily in the
Gorge), it's excellent. The big diff. between it and the Bay, though, is
that the Bay has a larger area and much more variety in conditions.
Thus, whereas in the Gorge you can usually just go east or west based
upon the Windsight reports, in the Bay, it's the coast, Peninsula,
Crissy, East Bay, Delta, etc..., and I find the pager much more useful
for that.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis