Coast Guard Phone number?

From: Michael Schuh (schuh@faf4.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Jun 01 1995 - 12:40:07 PDT

Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 19:40:07 GMT
From: schuh@faf4.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis (Michael Schuh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Coast Guard Phone number?

Here are the phone numbers I have for the Coast Guard:

Administration 415 399 3447
Emergency: 415 556 4471

Kelly's message had the emergency number as: 415 556-2103.
Which number is correct?

Schuh

> From: kjw@merkle.baaqmd.gov-DeleteThis (Wee, Kelly)
> To: Multiple recipients of list <wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
> Subject: Re: Lost Windsurfer in SF Bay?
>
> I was contacted by Lt Bill Leddy of USCG Golden Gate yesterday. He
> told me that the USCG would like to do more safety outreach to the
> windsurfers on the Peninsula following Sunday's incident. Evidently
> the Coast Guard did a by-the-book search and assumed the downed
> windsurfer would try to get back to side of the Bay he launched from.
> But instead he decided to go East after unsuccessfully trying West.
> He was equipped with three flares that either did not work, because
> they were expired or were not seen by passing boats. He ended up on
> the shore at the Oakland Airport, well after dark, running across the
> runways. He called his wife at 1:00 AM from the terminal.
>
> We hope to have the USCG at Third Ave Cleanup on June 17, 1995.
>
> As a reminder:
>
> EMERGENCY RESCUE
> Emergency Dial: 911
> Or US Coast Guard: (415) 556-2103
> 1) Identify who you are & the number you are calling
> from. Stay by the phone and keep the rescuers
> informed as the situation progresses.
> 2) Describe the person requiring rescue & provide a
> name of someone knowing the person.
> 3) Maintain visual contact & report changes in location or
> success in the rescue effort.

========
Michael J. Schuh, MS 237-2 | schuh@ra-iris.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis
NASA Ames Research Center | Phone: (415) 604-1460
Moffett Field, CA 94035-1000 | FAX: (415) 604-6990