Re: Call of the wind

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed May 24 1995 - 20:28:00 PDT

Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 20:28:00 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Call of the wind

Yes. Windtalkers that call you when it's blowing. You _know_ when it's
blowing at Crissy, Coyote, Waddell, Sherman Island, San Luis Resv, Berkely,
Larkspur. Tidal currents for Crissy, Sherman and Coyote sent to you each
night for the next day. The freedom to go hiking, mtn biking, shopping,
etc without wondering what the wind is doing. It is the civilized way to
chase wind :) Once you are at the beach, it reduces the guessing game,
as to what to rig. You have a windtalker telling you the average wind
speed, peak gusts. You even know whether it's ebbing, flooding, and
how strong!

I was a bit reluctant to make the initial investment, but now that I have,
I couldn't do without it. All this for $21 a month. I would spend that in
phone bills each month calling wind talkers/wind reports. And you can use
it as a personal pager, too (1000 personal pages/month included).

Still not sure? ;-)

~Jim