Results of meeting with SFBA on Sat 22-Apr-95

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 26 1995 - 16:50:31 PDT

Subject: Results of meeting with SFBA on Sat 22-Apr-95
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, John Goldsworthy <goldsw_j@compass-da.com-DeleteThis>, Jane Parkman <jip@chrm.com-DeleteThis>, Lori Rhodes <lori_rhodes@bdis.com-DeleteThis>, Prescott Lee <plee@notable.com-DeleteThis>
Office: Pine Hall Rm 161; 415-723-2452
Homepage: http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~hodges/
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 16:50:31 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

Bill Lennan, Peter "no got a computer" Liu, and I attended the SFBA meeting
prior to the (nice) party at the St Francis yacht club last sat eve.

Bottom line is that we can now consider ourselves a chapter of the SFBA. We
will undoubtedly need to work with our new overall organization (i.e. SFBA) to
smooth out details -- but overall the way it'll work is that folks should
simply pay the $10 dues directly to the SFBA using the standard SFBA forms.
This is what we told those who asked at the entrance table at the party sat
night. We will have legitimate access to our share of funds in the overall SFBA
treasury. They..uh..we now have the means with the membership database
(maintained by John VanHarn of the North Bay chapter) to assess the amount of $
we're bringing in to the treasury which can/will be used to make treasury $
allocation decisions. This is the preliminary arrangement, none of this is cast
in stone. This will be a transition year, we can see how it goes and work
towards changes as we determine they are necessary.

The SFBA itself is going thru some chages in that Keith Epstein has been
serving as president for many years and now feels he needs to step down and
spend engergies elsewhere, and there's been difficulties with the mailing house
used to distribute the newsletter (not everyone (me included) has received the
latest one tho it was ostensibly sent to all 1600 folks on the mailing list).
These issues are being worked and will be agenda items at an SFBA board meeting
being scheduled for next week.

That's the gist of the matter. Major open items are "who's up for serving as
SFBA pres?" and "who's up for serving as Penin chpt pres?". (self) nominations
being accepted - contact Bill, Keith, or myself. Working out all the on-going
details will probably be better facilitated once those positions are filled.

There'll probably be some more news on details after the mtg next week.

So Bill, how 'bout some notes on the 3d ave council mtg last week? ;-)

Jeff