Re: Peninsula Windsurfing Assoc. April meeting minutes

From: Jeff Hodges (hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Wed Apr 26 1995 - 16:50:00 PDT

Subject: Re: Peninsula Windsurfing Assoc. April meeting minutes
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, John Goldsworthy <goldsw_j@compass-da.com-DeleteThis>, Jane Parkman <jip@chrm.com-DeleteThis>, Prescott Lee <plee@notable.com-DeleteThis>, Lori Rhodes <lori_rhodes@bdis.com-DeleteThis>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 95 16:50:00 -0700
From: Jeff Hodges <hodges@Breakaway.Stanford.EDU-DeleteThis>

Ed Scott had some additional notes to add to the meeting minutes from last
time....

> We had a report from ___?__ concerning a new system that he and some
> friends at Lockheed had develop. They have (or will) place remote video
> cameras at Waddell

  The person was John Hamilton.

  Other issues discussed included the apportionment of PWA membership dues
  (e.g. $10 for SFBA, and the rest for radio/social events (?)), and the
  amount of the dues. There was no final decision, but I hope there will be
  in April :). In addition, the advantages/disadvantages of waterproof
  radios v. a base station was discussed, and whether the funds would come
  out of PWA dues or from SFBA. The issue has not been resolved. Finally,
  I believe an idea was floated re: a built-in PFD for wetsuits, although
  there wasn't much discussion on this issue.

  Better schedule these meetings later, otherwise, turn out might not be so
  good with daylight savings time. Speaking for myself, I expect to be on
  the water until dark on sailing days.

No meeting yet scheduled for May, tho we ought to be taking care of that in the
next week or so. I have info to relate from the meeting w/SFBA folks, will be
in another msg.

Jeff
Office: Pine Hall Rm 161; 415-723-2452
HomePage: http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~hodges/