Re[2]: Save 3rd Ave

From: sdubois@advent.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Apr 20 1995 - 11:37:11 PDT

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 95 10:37:11 PST
From: sdubois@advent.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re[2]: Save 3rd Ave

     I can't help thinking how realistic these nets are anyway. There is a
     set of similar nets along 280 in the city. They are facing west and
     they are protected by Twin Peaks, many buildings, and two freeways,
     still, they are pretty much ripped apart in their top section.
     There are typically a handful of days a year with wind over 40 knots
     at 3rd. Can these nets stand it???

     Maybe if they build them, the wind will come...

     Yesterday, quite a few got skunked at 3rd. COTW indicated 22-23 pretty
     much all afternoon. Got there around 5:00. That's when it dropped
     quickly to almost nothing... unless like Jerome a 7.3 is part of your
     quiver..Didn't get wet...

     C U at the Foster City Council tonite...

     sld - foster city resident