Re: Save 3rd Ave

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Apr 20 1995 - 10:07:53 PDT

Date: Thu, 20 Apr 1995 10:07:53 -0700
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Save 3rd Ave

> I don't know how dense the proposed nets for the golf range are but they may
> be more of a wind barrier than you would expect.

The point is that the wind is very slightly onshore at the new 3rd Ave
launch. Nets might cause some funny wind right at the launch, but they
will not affect the wind out where we sail.

The second point is that if we claim that windsurfing is incompatable
with the nets, they might use that as an excuse to exclude us entirely.
Trying to prevent them from developing the site is tilting at windmills.
Let's concentrate on preserving and expanding the parking available.

"If you want to stop war and stuff, you gotta sing *loud*."
                                        -- Arlo Guthrie