Re: more detail for Save 3rd Ave.

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Sat Apr 08 1995 - 01:07:07 PDT

Date: Sat, 8 Apr 1995 01:07:07 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: more detail for Save 3rd Ave.
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

In case you guys already didn't know-
BCDC is in serious trouble.

I met a very nice woman at the PWA meeting a couple of weeks ago, and she
promised to send me info. on the current situation re: BCDC. Bottom line
is that Caltrans is lobbying Wilson to cut funding for BCDC, and he
appears to be in support of such measures. They are suggesting that you
write your state reps and senators and express support for BCDC. They
also recommend that you write to the Chair of the Senate Budget Committee
to express support for BCDC and oppose any reduction in funding in the
upcoming budget. Apparently, this will be happening soon.

The address of the Chairman of the Senta Budget Committee is:

Honorable Alfred Alquist, Chair
Senate Committte on Budget and Fiscal Review
5100 Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814

Unfortunately, I missed the rally to save BCDC held on March 22. You can
also get more information by contacting Save the Bay at 510-452-9261.

Maybe if someone out there is more informed than I, they can give us an
update on the BCDC situation, but I'm not sure I would be counting on
their help on the 3rd Ave. situation.

As an aside, other than information gathering, I'm not so sure
out-of-towner boardheads should make such a big stink at a Foster City
council meeting. Some folks should definitely go for
information-gathering purposes, but until the situation has crystalized,
I'm not sure making a bunch of noise at a meeting is going to accomplish
much, and may in fact, alienate the city government further. Seems like a
pretty crappy place to play golf (too gosh-dang windy!), but my main
concern is access and parking. Maybe if someone makes the point that the
concessions can make a boatload of money off thirsty and hungry boardheads
on those days when the wind is blowing and the golfers are taking cover,
that some nice parking and riggin facilities can be incorporated into the
golf course's deal with the city. I'm in agreement with the other
comments made that except on the inside, I don't see how mesh screens will
effect the wind in the channel.

My $.04.

-shrEd
Ed Scott