Re: mini-tornados at Coyote Pt...

From: Matt O'Yamaguptakov (matt@hpwsurf.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Mar 27 1995 - 12:59:21 PST

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: mini-tornados at Coyote Pt...
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 95 12:59:21 -0800
From: Matt O'Yamaguptakov <matt@hpwsurf.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis>

> Has anyone else ever experienced this phenomenon at Coyote Pt?

Yes, I have seen several of these at Coyote Pt. Out of curiosity I once
tried to sail through one. It was not a pleasant experience. As I
approached the whirlwind, the wind became very strong and gusty. When I
reached the center of the whirlwind, it picked me and my board up off
the water, backwinded me and then slammed me down into the water. Like
I said, not a pleasant experience. I am a trained, professional
thrill-seeker - don't try this at home :-).

-matt