Re: Wetsuit donations etc.

From: Luigi Semenzato (luigi@CS.Berkeley.EDU-DeleteThis)
Date: Thu Feb 23 1995 - 17:22:50 PST

From: Luigi Semenzato <luigi@CS.Berkeley.EDU-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Wetsuit donations etc.
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 17:22:50 -0800

OK---I was having trouble contacting the Lake Merrit sailing center,
but I finally got to talk to the director, Kerry Salsbury (minus
spelling).

He is very happy that we are organizing this and they will take
ANY used wetsuits. He said the water is warm (the program starts late
June) and they can use shorties as well as full suits.

They run this thing more like a class than a rental place. There is a
fee to enroll in the class, but they try to give scholarships to
students who cannot afford the fee. So money is also welcome
(but I don't know the best way to collect that).

I heard that ASD is beginning to receive donations, and that's nice.
At this point I would ask all those who plan to donate to come
forward---not necessarily with the suit, an e-pledge to me is enough.
(Can someone also tell me the ASD phone number?) This is because the
director would like to get publicity on the Oakland Tribune, and if we
already have a number of donations, that will make a better story and
encourage other non-Internet windsurfers to donate.

Thanks then and let's see what we can come up with. ---Luigi