3rd Ave.

From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Dec 01 1994 - 10:10:23 PST

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 13:10:23 -0500
From: LafingGuy@aol.com-DeleteThis
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: 3rd Ave.

Howdy,
I met with the Foster City Manager & the head of Parks & Recs. We discussed
the launchsite at 3rd. The sight will definetly stay. Yeah!!! However-and
that is a large word- improvments may not happen for a while. $$$ rules, I
was told that the city was already out about$150,000.00 for the improvements.
They explained that for the city to improve a site with no future income and
a minority of the population using it was not good business sense. FOSTER
CITY RESIDENTS write to the city council care of city hall, or fax them, they
don't have e-mail. Constituents can sway government. The concept of large
future increases in income both directly & indirectly still hasn't hit. After
the new year the council will have the golf plan finalized & will then be
ready to deal with us. The city is not clear on a concession, how, what,
where, etc. and did not want to hear any numbers (income for the city) untill
after the new year. I forsee pay parking ala Coyote. We also discussed
safety, a subject which neither official had thought about. Oh yeah, the
ramps. If we can fix them for the city, at no cost to the city (you could
geuss that part) we will look good. The city manager admitted in a very
roundabout way that the city & BCDC hadn't done the best job on them. I have
spoken to the presidint of Rio Vista Windsurfing about their work. Basicly we
put sand in bags at the launch going into the water, doesn't sound to hard.
Actually he told me it took about 5 tries to get it right! Material cost
around $1500.00, any donations? That's about all I can remember. More later
if I remember.
B)