Re: REMINDER- Organizing Co

From: David Stuart (dstuart@qntm.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Nov 29 1994 - 19:35:31 PST

Date: 30 Nov 1994 11:35:31 U
From: "David Stuart" <dstuart@qntm.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Re: REMINDER- Organizing Co
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

        Reply to: RE>>REMINDER: Organizing Coyote Pt. Windsurfers...

The international one design landsailor is called a Norblan, and is made is
France. Annually there are international land sailing events where this one
design board is used. Mostly these events are held in the south of France,
but one year they were held in Maine. The one-design Norblan is made of 1"
teak or mahogany, is about 5.5' long and about 9" wide, with a very wide
truck on the rear (about 30") and a narrower truck on the front (about 20").
The tires are inflatable Michelin tires about 11" in diameter. These
Norblans work great on grass, hard packed sand, and even pavement
(ouch.....severe raodrash). They cost approx. $500-600. new.