Weekend at Third/Waddell/Oyster

From: Edward W. Scott (shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Sep 06 1994 - 10:42:26 PDT

Date: Tue, 6 Sep 1994 10:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Edward W. Scott" <shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: Weekend at Third/Waddell/Oyster
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

Sailed 5.0/8'6" on Friday at 3d. Started very weak (barely 5.0), but as
JimP reported, came up in a major way later (approx. 5:00). 4.6 probably
would've still been op'd, but I was too lazy to re-rig. You didn't even
need to sail to the channel as the inside was really wild.

Sailed 4.6/8'6" late on Sat. at Waddell. Missed Luigi, but saw his big
black monster truck pulling into Big Basin at 6:30. Was powered to
slightly underpowered at times, and the swell was very small, 3-4' sets
max.

Dead at Coyote all day yesterday. Met Robin there at 4 and headed north
hoping for better wind. Candlestick was out - 49er game, but risked the
sewage-infested waters of Oyster/Tigers. No signs, folks still fishing on
the pier, no unusual smells - thought it was safe for human immersion.
Came up very fast (4:45), and was op'd at Tigers on my 4.6. Backed off a
bit after awhile, so had to do the slog home. Nice suprise since it
looked so terrible all day yesterday.

-shrEd
Ed Scott
shred@netcom.com-DeleteThis