Possible infection danger in the bay

From: Justin Gordon (justin@mcm.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 23 1994 - 10:34:35 PDT

From: justin@mcm.com-DeleteThis (Justin Gordon)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Possible infection danger in the bay
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 10:34:35 PDT

The previous weekend, a sliver of my fingernail broke and I pulled it off,
causing a little bleeding. It seemed like nothing and I didn't think
much of it. Later last week, it started to hurt and swell up. The pain and
swelling got so bad, that I went to see a doctor.

He diagnosed me with having a soft tissue bacterial infection in my finger.
I suspect that I got it from the water at Crissy Field. He prescribed me
som antibiotics (and pain killers) and my finger is slowly getting better.
If I had ignored the pain and not seen the doctor, the situation could have
gotten bad enough that I would have lost the tip of my finger.

So I am telling this story for two reasons. Be careful if you get a cut and
go in the water, and if suspect an infection, don't hesitate to see a doctor
to get some antibiotics.

Has anybody else had any experiences like this?

Justin Gordon
email: justin@mcm.com-DeleteThis
phone: 415.267.1287

Mellon Capital Management