Re: Sunday - Crissy Field Re

From: jim wolfgram (jwolfgra@schwab.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 23 1994 - 11:12:03 PDT

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 14:12:03 EDT
From: jwolfgra@schwab.com-DeleteThis (jim wolfgram)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Sunday - Crissy Field Re

What kind of Boom and how old was it? Was there any catastrophic impacts prior to the failure?

I have a couple of Chinook booms which I've been very satisfied with, but one of them is getting into it's second season (about 100 - 120 days on the water). The front end is a little bit looser than it used to be, and I'm trying to determine if it's time to retire this piece of equipment.

I'm glad you made it in unassisted, I'm concerned about potential loss of access due to number of rescues. Last friday I saw someone launch with a 4.7 and a very loose fitting 2 mil wetsuit with no sleaves; I had just come in because I was slogging a 5.5. with the wind shutting down and a flood starting. The sailor in question was a European tourist; I warned him about the tide, wind, and cold water danger. He launched despite my warnings, I hope he made it in ok.