Gorge Tips Saught

From: Lee Winick (Lee.Winick@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Aug 22 1994 - 21:24:02 PDT

Date: Mon, 22 Aug 94 21:24:02 PDT
From: Lee.Winick@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Lee Winick)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Gorge Tips Saught

It's me, the achilles guy,& I'll be going past the Gorge next week.
I haven't been sailing this year, but on the big trip up to Vancouver, I
thought I might stop off at the Gorge for some free karma (never been
there b4), and may even muster the courage for a test shred session or
two.

So the question: Are there any reasonable, lo-hassle places to rent
equiptment perhaps right on the water, so I don't have to do the cart
around thing. My vehicle will be pretty loaded up with other toys 'n
such, so I'll be looking for the full service in and out destination.
I'll take a wetsuit and harness, but probably nothing else I would dream
of sailing in for rig or board changes at a whim...

So Am I really dreaming or does drive-in heaven exist? And if so, can
I afford it?

Part 2 of the question is, are there any places set up well for both
uphaulers (beginners) and waterstarters? Or even just beginners? I
don't seem to remember seeing many pictures of long boards and uphauls
at the Gorge. But if there were, that would take care of the both of us
on this particular trip.

Thanks for any tips or experiences...

-Lee