Re: NO ACCESS at old 3ed launch

From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Mon Jul 11 1994 - 11:53:45 PDT

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: NO ACCESS at old 3ed launch
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 94 11:53:45 -0700
From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis

> One solution, which we could petition the City Council for, is to allow
> parking on one side of the driveway. This would leave enough room for
> a fire truck to get through and costs them nothing (I'll gladly remove
> those no parking signs myself), but unfortunately doesn't put too much of a
> dent into the weekend parking demand.

Another solution would be to move the fence out on one or both sides so that
we could park next to each other like in the (currently) legal parking area,
but off the hard-pack driveway on the dirt. I'd gladly chip in $10 or $20
to help pay for moving that !@#$% fence out, even though I usually get there
in time to get legal parking, just to get rid of some of the double parking
that always happens!!

At the risk of drifting, does anyone know if SFBA recovered their cost
for all the gravel? (Might be an indicator of how successful it might be
collecting $ to fund moving the fence...). Any ideas on how much it would
cost to move the fence?

Are there any Foster City residents that would like to take the lead on this?

KenB