Re: Re: Coyote / 3rd

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri Jul 08 1994 - 07:09:27 PDT

Date: Fri, 8 Jul 1994 07:09:27 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Re: Coyote / 3rd
Cc: JILL@regen.rg.iupui.edu-DeleteThis, schuh@ra-iris13.arc.nasa.gov-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

> > Today (Thursday), I left 3rd at 400 pm with fairly marginal wind near shore
> > to find solid 5.0 conditions at Coyote. It stayed steady until about 715
> > when I left.
>
> I sailed 3rd from about 4:00. I sailed 5.7/9'0 and had to slog all the
> way to the channel to find planing wind. The wind stayed marginal until
> 5:00, when it picked up to maybe 5.2 and filled in all the way to the
> shore. The wind direction was very northerly - I figure from my map
> about 330.
> Ken Poulton

I sailed with KenP from 4-5:30 on 6.2/9'6" epoxy no_nose. I was able
to plane much sooner and found the channel with up to 3' swell
manageable with the big board until 5ish when it came up strong. I
worked at it another half hour and called it quits before I broke
something. With the Northerly wind direction, it was weird getting
more air on starboard than on port. The no_nose was fun to use making
turns in the swell until the wind was up good.

Kirk out