Re: Today at San Luis

From: Kirk Lindstrom (kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Jul 05 1994 - 08:47:47 PDT

Date: Tue, 5 Jul 1994 08:47:47 -0700
From: Kirk Lindstrom <kirk@hpmsd3.sj.hp.com-DeleteThis>
To: westes@usc.com-DeleteThis, wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Today at San Luis

> Poulton and I made it out to San Luis Forebay today around
> 3:00 p.m., and things went from good to great. It was a
> steady 19-to-40 the whole time we were there. When we left
> around 7:30 it was going 22-to-37, averaging 30.
>
> I tried my 4.3 Northwave Tri-Lite sail for the first time.
> While the sail handled tons of wind, it just didn't
> translate power into speed. Ken, who was on a Windwing 4.2
> Race, was killing me all day long. I'm spoiled to race
> sails.

Are you sure it is the sail? I imagine you were on a hip_hop and
Ken was on his Tiga257. The hip-hop is a dog in comparison by my
judgement having sailed both. Also, the 257 handles gusty conditions
very well. You might want to swap boards and keep the same sail next
time to find out for sure. I sailed the hip_hop in Maui and the
257 in the Gorge so the conditions were more difficult with the
hip_hop though it felt slow even it I looked good on it on the video.

> I can officially announce that Ken pulled off his first duck
> jibe today.

Congrat's!
> --
Kirk out