Re: GEM vs Windance EPX ?

From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Wed Jun 29 1994 - 23:50:38 PDT

From: Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "Gr8Jibe" <Gr8Jibe@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 94 02:50:38 EDT
Subject: Re: GEM vs Windance EPX ?

I've been sailing an 8'6 Windance glass "Gorge" board for a number of years
at 3rd. It is the only board I can enjoy when it's 3.4, and it's great for
me at 172 lbs when it's below 5.0. The Gorge shape is not made for going
upwind but for exceptional turning and handling on all other points of sail,
so I use a "Wing" fin when I want to go upwind, or I just sail another board.
  Since I can go upwind a little better on my seatrend 8'6, i usually sail it
or a bigger board unless it's really windy. When it's really nukin, I prefer
glass.

Bill