Re: lucky to be alive today

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Jun 17 1994 - 23:38:56 PDT

From: ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "ShreddinEd" <ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 94 02:38:56 EDT
Subject: Re: lucky to be alive today

poulton@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis:

>I suspect that the only way to really reduce rescues may be to come up
>with some other towing solution - a boat or jetski or something that
>doesn't require the CG to be involved in non-life-threatening situations.

I heartily agree. This is the one option I've often discussed with other
 boardheads when frequenting local sites. Self-help is always the best way
to go to avoid regulation by outside authorities. If the practicalities can
be worked out (who maintains the boat, buys the gas, has the key, etc...)
then this is my favorite option. Next best would be an on-site VHF radio
(approx $250) with boardhead access, but then, you still get the Coast Guard
(or other boater) involved.

>Ken Poulton
>poulton@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis

>"The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."
> -- Henry VI, Part 2
Spoken by Dick the Butcher, follower of Cade, prior to the attempted coup
de'tat of the kingdom. He wanted to kill all the lawyers to prevent their
opposition to the takeover.

-shrEd
Ed Scott (the lawyer boardhead)
ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis