3rd Ave. sensor and histogram

From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue May 31 1994 - 07:19:33 PDT

From: WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "WindFinder" <WindFinder@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Tue, 31 May 94 10:19:33 EDT
Subject: 3rd Ave. sensor and histogram

Ken

Windsight is going to put sensor up near 3rd avenue. Since there are no
practical waterfront locations. We are considering using the roof of the new
Vela Headquarters. The people there think it has pretty clean access to wind
and is representative or at least correlated with the wind at the launch site
unless the wind goes too south. Our computers can correct any linear
difference between the sensor report and reality. Still the site is less than
ideal.

Do you have any advice or thoughts about this site or ideas on an alterntive
site

The sensor will provide 3rd avenue wind updates every 20 minutes by phone.
Using a modem sailors can get histograms plotting the average wind & gusts at
3rd avenue every 60 seconds over intervals ranging from 1 hour to 13 hours.
It will make it easy to watch the wind trend and know when to split from
work.

Mike Godsey, Tuesday, May 31, 1994
windfinder@aol