Re: Sailing accounts for yesterday wanted....

From: Jim Paugh (James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis)
Date: Fri May 13 1994 - 08:57:41 PDT

Date: Fri, 13 May 1994 08:57:41 -0700
From: James.Paugh@Eng.Sun.COM-DeleteThis (Jim Paugh)
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: Sailing accounts for yesterday wanted....

I sailed Coyote yesterday, got in the water about 4:30. The wind was
very westerly, it was glassy on the inside, you almost had to swim out
past the pilings. I was on my 9'2" with a 6.3 race sail. That got me
out to the wind line, which was out beyond the channel marker. Once I
got to the wind line, I was completely overpowered. Tail walking,
could hardly keep the sail sheeted in. It was definitely blowing. I
tried to sail like this for a few runs, then decided it was not much
fun just trying to hold it together. I also managed to pull a muscle
in my back, so that pretty much ended my day for me.

After derigging and packing up, the wind switched around to the NW,
and filled in nicely. Most were going out on 4.5's. One guy came in
with what was his 5.7, and now has a massive hole in it.

It was blowing hard in the channel, if you could make it out with
equipment that was small enough to handle it. Sounds like it will be
as good, if not better today!

~Jim Paugh