Re: Equipment rentals on Maui

From: shreddined@aol.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu Apr 28 1994 - 09:22:47 PDT

From: shreddined@aol.com-DeleteThis
Sender: "shreddined" <shreddined@aol.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 94 12:22:47 EDT
Subject: Re: Equipment rentals on Maui

mls@ingres.com-DeleteThis wrote:

>I am going to Maui with three other people in June, and
>we were wondering where to rent equipment for 9 days. We
>will have cars and plan to take the equipment to various
>places; however we will be most likely limit ourselves to
>flat water sailing. Anyone's experience, suggestions, etc
>would be greatly appreciated.

I used Hawaiian Island Windsurfing to rent my stuff. They're near the
intersection of the Kihei-Kahului and Hana Hwys. There were helpful and
flexible, letting me exchange equipment when the conditions changed. Most of
the rental places are located near there. I beleive they all have weekly
rates, and I just got a flyer from them saying they're now carrying WindWing.

For sailing locations try Kanaha State Park near the airport (behind the
rental car stands), and Kihei on the other side of the island. Both have the
type of sailing you're looking for.

-shrEd
ShreddinEd@aol.com-DeleteThis