Re: tide levels

From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Date: Fri Apr 08 1994 - 08:34:33 PDT

To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Cc: poulton@zonker.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis, matt@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Re: tide levels
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 94 08:34:33 -0700
From: kenb@hpindck.cup.hp.com-DeleteThis

I sailed (well, sorta - the wind was real light, and I slogged a lot) at
Haskins last Sunday with Matt. Tide was coming in, and it was just becoming
sailable as we hit the water. What I don't remember is exactly when we hit
the water - I think it was around 4, but it could have been 5. Matt, do
you have a more precise memory? I've always thought you need 3 feet minimum,
which is pretty consistent with a 4:00 launch, according to my latest
xweather....

Oyster and C-stick are pretty much sailable any time. We were at C-stick
March 26 on about a .2 low tide, you just have to walk a little farther out,
but otherwise no problem. Haven't ever been not able to sail Oyster due to
tide....

KenB