new 3rd Ave instrument

From: Ken Poulton (poulton@zonker.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com)
Date: Tue Sep 04 2001 - 04:07:58 PDT

Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 04:07:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Ken Poulton <poulton@zonker.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com>
To: wind_talk@zonker.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com
Subject: new 3rd Ave instrument

A pair of local heroes have placed a wind gauge on the 3rd Ave channel
marker! This is a wonderful public-spirited job. However, it is
somewhat in advance of full approval by the authorities, so try not to
rock the boat.

This data now shows up on my page as "Marker8A", or you can see
their own site at baywind.org.

The intent is for this data to update every 30 minutes for low wind, and
every 5 minutes above a threshold value. But the setup is having some
transmission problems (building in the way) and the transfers to my site
are not entirely reliable yet, so there will be gaps in the data.

Pagers: iWindsurf is said to be looking into getting this onto their
pagers. If you have a non-iWindsurf pager, or you just can't wait, you
can send me your pager e-mail address to get on my pager mailing list,
which e-mails SFO and now Marker8. Note that it does so multiple times
per hour, so the "personal pages" part of your pager pretty much gets
taken over by this function.

Ken Poulton
poulton@labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis.com

"Genius ain't anything more than elegant common sense." --Josh Billings