RE: Police investigation of Windsight / Micro Forecasts

From: Don Steul (steul@genesyslab.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 08:07:12 PDT

From: Don Steul <steul@genesyslab.com-DeleteThis>
To: "'wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis'" <wind_talk@opus.labs.agilent.com-DeleteThis>
Cc: "'prysavy@yahoo.com-DeleteThis'" <prysavy@yahoo.com-DeleteThis>
Subject: RE: Police investigation of Windsight / Micro Forecasts
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 08:07:12 -0700

This happened to me as well. I actually had over $7000 dollars worth of
charges over the period of two months. Most were $500 charges with a few
$150 sprinkled in. When I discovered this, I immediately disputed the
charges with my credit card company and called Windsight (on Memorial Day.)
Larry Hembrick, who seems to be one of the financial managers for Windsight,
called me back almost immediately. He was actually very helpful. Over the
course of the next 4 weeks, he worked with Windsight's financial transaction
system (which I believe is outsourced to a bank in Portland) to credit my
account. Though it was a time consuming process, I did recover all of my
money in the end. He was very apologetic and offered to give me free
Windsight service for the summer - which I graciously declined.

So, from my perspective, I am not sure there is fraud involved - unless they
are hoping someone will not notice the charges.

Don