Coyote Still Howlin'

From: George Haye (geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis)
Date: Mon Oct 18 1999 - 20:38:29 PDT

From: "George Haye" <geohaye@hotmail.com-DeleteThis>
To: wind_talk@opus.hpl.hp.com-DeleteThis
Subject: Coyote Still Howlin'
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:38:29 PDT

Summer is in full bloom, the water and air are warm, the sunsets are
spectacular, and though the wind isn't blowing every day, it's blowing alot.
Justin reports Crissy's been rocking. (Guys on 6.0s were also very happy
with the wind on the outside at Crissy the day of the SFBA party - last
Friday, and the day before.) Last week saw at least two great(!) days at
Coyote and perhaps the best session of the year at Sherman Island...

Coyote was blitzing again today - the fog was rushing through the gap. There
was no way to defend against it! Starting at 5PM, it blew strong and
perfectly consistent all the way from the line of scrimmage (shore) to the
goal posts (channel markers). Monday night football will have to wait
because today also featured those sweet little swells peeling around the
corner - the kind that are always there on NW wind days at Coyote.

With the wind filled in all the way to ASD, we were able to jump and play on
those little swells all the way up to the movie screens. And the fishermen
thought the windsurfing season was over!

My little 5.8 was completely powered up, and consistent wind plus steep chop
made for plenty of air time. It was gorgeous and I would rather have been
nowhere else than at our wonderful and endangered Coyote Point. Sailing
until dark (until 6:30) was the call as the wind would not stop and the
rangers would not close the park until 7 PM (perfect).

-George
STOP SFO: http://www.hooked.net/~wndrider/sfia/sfia.html